Building a website is an intricate procedure that requires precise skill for you to get desirable results. You should create your code using the appropriate programming skills and gather enough content to make the website viable. Most importantly, ensure that you have the proper mechanisms to protect the site and all its contents from hackers and other malicious people. Considering the amount of money that you put into the whole project, make sure that you maintain it regularly. The website has various features that can provide security to your site once downloaded. Most of these methods are cheap and can be found easily.
1) The login lock-down plugin enables you to secure your site against unnecessary entry. This means that unauthorized users cannot access the information you have, hence they cannot tamper with it in any way. It records all IP addresses that try to access the site, and automatically shuts down when the user fails to login on several attempts.
2) The bullet-proof security plugin provides protection against hacking attempts in SQL Booster, CSRF, Base 64 and XSS. It enables you to control how users can access the files in your website.
3) Another useful feature is the Secure WordPress. It is an all-in-one plugin that makes it possible for you to hide important information that can be manipulated by hackers, like the current version of your WordPress. Therefore, hackers cannot take advantage of the vulnerabilities that exist in the version that you are using. This has influenced the popularity of WordPress websites as compared to HTML sites as the latter does not have adequate security features to prevent action by hackers.
4) To protect a HTML code, you can inspect all the permissions for files that pass through your site. This enables you to identify a malicious file when you see one thus eliminate it promptly before it causes any harm. This is made possible through the CHMOD code which is unique to every transaction and enables you to monitor all the transactions in your site.
5) Do not include your email address anywhere in the website as this will reduce the chances of spamware and malware content that could damage your website with or without your knowledge. Use contact forms instead, it may take time to include them in the website but it’s worthwhile at the end.
6) The most important technique of securing your HTML website is to ensure that your source code is also secure. This is usually done through a script that locks down the code and prevents duplication of your website by hackers who would otherwise access your code. Ensure that the company you choose to host your website has reliable security techniques that greatly reduce the risk of your site being interfered with. They may be more expensive than the other companies that have less advanced security systems, but this will go a long way in ensuring that your website and its content are free from malicious users.
Whatever the case maybe, monitor the activity on your site on a regular basis. For the techniques to work, you have to make sure that the system is working well as well.